Matthew K. Haggerty » Beacon Board Advisor Biographies
Meet the Beacon Investment Partners' Board.
Matthew K. HaggertyManaging Partner ProGen, Inc.
A trusted advisor and group leader of a diverse array of 200 companies from technology startup to Fortune 5 00 engagements with strategic value in outcomes and client capabilities — in all matters relating to innovation, technology product development and delivery — the full product pipeline.
A serial CEO, Matt is Founder of Product Genesis, an innovation and technology consulting firm spun out of the MIT Innovation Center in 1986. In the course of evolution of Product Genesis, Matt directed numerous development programs, integrating teams of many disciplines and broad geographic range.
Matt is the founder of Altair Avionics, a United Technologies company specialized in airborne data acquisition, analysis and web-based diagnostic and reporting systems primarily for turbine aircraft engines. Matt recently served as President of DCI Engineering, a Coghlin Company.
Education in technology commercialization has been consistent throughout his career in industry and in youth enrichment programs. For many years Matt helped lead the MIT Enterprise Forum, an international non-profit, volunteer educational organization. In 2009 Matt started Spirit Activity Corporation, focused on bridging the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and life experience gap for people of all ages, through activity based entertainment and learning. Matt serves on the MIT committee studying strategic alignment of current and proposed K-12 STEM programs regionally and across the United States, and is Chair of the MIT- FIRST strategic alliance.
- Managing Partner, ProGen, professional advisory, consulting, technology commercialization, new roduct development, entrepreneurship and education practice areas
- Founder of Product Genesis, an innovation and technology consulting firm (New York office, actorsNY.com and Boston office, productqenesis.com )
- Founder of Altair Avionics, specialized in airborne data acquisition, analysis and web-based diagnostic and reporting systems (United Technologies, Pratt Whitney Canada) altairavionics.aero)
- Founder and CEO, Spirit Activity Corporation, activity based STEM enrichment centers
- President, DC Engineering Services, Inc. a Coghlin Company, <a href=”http://www.coqhlincompanies.com” rel=”nofollow”>http://www.coqhlincompanies.com</a>
- Chair, MIT-FIRST Strategic Alliance (MFSA), current, <a href=”http://web.mitedu/press/2009/first-alumni-1214.html” rel=”nofollow”>http://web.mitedu/press/2009/first-alumni-1214.html</a>
- Governing Board, MIT Center for Innovation in Product Development, 1998-2000, cipd.mit.edu/
- Chair, MIT Enterprise Forum, Inc., 2000-’04, enterpriseforurn.mit.edu/, 25 chapters worldwide
- Board, MIT Enterprise Forum, Inc., 1998-2006, enterpriseforum.mit.edu/about/board/
- Board, Thermedics Detection Systems (NASDAQ: TDX), 1999-2000, brought private in 2000 by parent Thermo Electron, <a href=”http://www.thermo.conv” rel=”nofollow”>http://www.thermo.conv</a>
- Judge, MIT Lemelson award for innovation, 1995, 1996, 2000, web.mitedu/invent/w-main.html
- Finalist, Ernst &Young Entrepreneur of the Year, 1990, ’91 and ’92 .
- Holder of about a dozen US and international patents
- MIT: BSME and MS, Mechanical Engineering, Technology Product Development
- Yale University: MS, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Sheffield Fellow